Real Life volunteers act as peer mentors primarily for refugee and immigrant youth in the Salt Lake area. Volunteers provide academic tutoring and participate in hands-on, life-skills activities. Although many of our volunteers are participants in the Youthlinc Service Year, this opportunity is available to any individual who meets the following qualifications:
- Have a passion for tutoring and working with other youth
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to step out of your comfort zone
- Commit to volunteering 2 hours per week through the Real Life Year
- Be 16 years old, a Junior in high school, or college-aged
- Live in the Salt Lake area, or have access to reliable transportation
- Be capable of passing a background check if 18+
Real Life will begin recruiting volunteers for the 2022-23 school year starting in October.
Real Life is no longer accepting new volunteers for the 2022-23 school year.
All volunteers are required to sign and return the following forms for their site.
Promise South Salt Lake Sites
Locations include Kearns-Saint Ann, Historic Scott School, Olene Walker, Utah International Charter, Hser Ner Moo and Cottonwood High School.