Real Life volunteers act as peer mentors primarily for refugee and immigrant youth in the Salt Lake area. Volunteers provide academic tutoring and participate in hands-on, life-skills activities. Although many of our volunteers are participants in the Youthlinc Service Year, this opportunity is available to any individual who meets the following qualifications:
- Have a passion for tutoring and working with other youth
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to step out of your comfort zone
- Commit to volunteering 2 hours per week through the Real Life Year
- Be 16 years old, a Junior in high school, or college-aged
- Live in the Salt Lake area, or have access to reliable transportation
- Be capable of passing a background check if 18+
Real Life will begin recruiting volunteers for the 2022-23 school year starting in October.
Real Life is no longer accepting new volunteers for the 2022-23 school year.
All volunteers are required to sign and return the following forms for their site.
Promise South Salt Lake Sites
Locations include Kearns-Saint Ann, Historic Scott School, Olene Walker, Utah International Charter, Hser Ner Moo and Cottonwood High School.
Asian Association of Utah Sites
Locations include Sunnyvale Neighborhood Center, Evergreen Jr. High School, and Olympus High School.