Wow! We raised $51,855!
That’s right, 15 Youthlinc teams joined forces to collectively bring in 207,420 lbs of clothing, resulting in $51,855 for committee projects. To put this in perspective, we completely packed 5 semi-trailers full of clothing over the course of 5 Saturdays. To pull this off, 427 Youthlinc participants each brought in anywhere between 15-25 (or more) bags of clothing donated by family, friends, and neighbors.
The money will go towards our community health, education, vocational, business, and cultural exchange initiatives in Fiji, Guatemala, Peru, Kenya, Madagascar, Thailand, Cambodia, Nepal, and Vietnam! Plus, it also supports Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah’s mission to help children who face adversity by bringing a positive role model into their life.
Would couldn’t have done this alone!
- A big THANK YOU to Matthew Draper and Madison Paul at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah for believing in our ambitious goal right from the start and coordinating all of the logistics with Savers. They reported, “This is the largest clothing drive event Savers has ever seen and the largest drive we have been a part of! All of the individual teams were amazing to work with and we are excited to work with you again next year!”
- A big THANK YOU to Stacy Nisogi, Youthlinc Team Leader, for pitching the idea last summer after organizing a successful clothing drive with the 2017 Kenya team.
- A big THANK YOU to Mike Denison, Past Youthlinc Team Leader and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah Board Member, for putting his support behind the partnership from the very start.
- A big THANK YOU to Youthlinc Team Leaders for motivating your teams to get out there and ask for donations.
- A big THANK YOU to all of our participants who collected donations, stored them, arranged transportation, and helped load up the trailer.
- A big THANK YOU to everyone who cleaned out their closet and made a donation. We couldn’t have done it without you!