2019 Youthlinc Real Life Refugee Scholarship Winners Youthlinc is pleased to announce a new…
We’re excited that you are part of this group, and hope you are ready for an amazing life-changing experience. Over the past 5 years, we have been involved with Youthlinc in a variety of capacities, and have watched as these trips have helped our own children grow into better world citizens.
As your team leaders, our responsibility is to ensure we all have a safe and meaningful trip. The most important thing you can bring to the team is a positive attitude and a desire to work hard. If that is your approach, you’re almost guaranteed to have a wonderful time with this team.
As a reminder, the Youthlinc program is not just an international service trip. The purpose is to help make service a permanent part of your life. During this year, you will be giving extensive service in the community to organizations of your choice. Don’t look past this aspect of your Youthlinc experience.
Then, in June, we will be traveling together to a small village in southern Mexico called Bautista Grande. We had the opportunity of traveling there on another Youthlinc trip last December. We hope to make it as wonderful a trip for you as we experienced firsthand.
To make sure all goes well throughout the year, it’s important for you to follow these guidelines:
- Plan to attend ALL monthly team meetings. They will be held the first Saturday of each month at 1:00pm. Unless you are notified otherwise, these meetings will be held at the Youthlinc office.
- Plan to attend the team retreat on January XX. This will be an important team-building activity to help you get to know everyone on the team.
- Be open to making great new friends and experiencing new things.
- Select your main service site quickly and begin accumulating your local service hours immediately. (Don’t put it off!)
- Begin your fundraising soon to ensure your trip costs are covered.
- Finally, never hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Mike Denison (Team Leader)
Angie Denison (Team Leader)