2019 Youthlinc Real Life Refugee Scholarship Winners Youthlinc is pleased to announce a new…
Our first ever Volunteer Management Seminar!
Next Tuesday, October 20th, Youthlinc will be hosting our first ever Volunteer Management Seminar! As an expert in youth volunteerism, Youthlinc wants to help other agencies learn proven strategies to increase their volunteer power! As a result of attending, the attendees will become Silver Level Parters with Youthlinc and be highly promoted to our Youthlinc Service Year students–who each have to contribute 80 hours of local service.
Why a Youthlinc Volunteer Management Seminar?
- Since our inception in 1999, we’ve mentored 2,250 students through 150,000 hours of Utah service. We’ve taught 600+ adult professionals how to mentor students.
- Our proven strategies of student leadership, hands-on service, and mentoring allow our students to create an emotional bond with those whom they serve and develop a deep-rooted service ethic, which they carry throughout a lifetime.
- Our Local Service Director has organized and led successful service initiatives with students for the past 10 years.
- Currently she oversees the 17,000 hours of meaningful service contributed by our Youthlinc Service Year students each year.
- She has also received 21 hours of volunteer management training, which she will boil down for you in this one day of training!
The following agencies will be in attendance.
- Abram Sherrod, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Caitlin Christensen, Splore
- Charity Jessop, Utah Open Lands
- Darren Janes, Cascade Springs Home Health & Hospice
- Kirsten Schiel, Bad Dog Arts
- Heidi Macnaughton, National Ability Center
- Hillary Avery, Friday’s Kids Respite
- Jacquelynn Bradley, Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain
- Jessica Hercules, English Skills Learning Center
- Judy Zone, Youthlinc Executive Director
- Justin Powell, Real Life
- Kristy King, Kostopulos Dream Foundation
- Kory Scadden, Elevation Hospice & Five-Star Home Care & Hospice
- Liz Grayston, Tennis & Tutoring
- Meg Young, Neighborhood House
- Theresa Dellomo, Playworks
Our Volunteer Management Seminar agenda includes:
- What is Youthlinc?
- Why a Youthlinc volunteer management seminar?
- Review follow-along questions
- Gold, Silver, & Bronze partnership levels
- Local Service Directory tutorial
- Volunteer motivation
- What is your organization’s mission?
- Ways to tap into new volunteer audiences
- Developing new volunteer opportunities
- Write a volunteer position description
12-12:20 pm Lunch!
- Volunteers: Recruit, Place, & Retain the Best article
- Recruiting volunteers
- Training volunteers
- How to create a sense of connection
- Volunteer recognition
- How to deal with difficult volunteers
- Volunteer program evaluation
- Business card swap
If you agency would like to attend our Volunteer Management Seminar email Jerika at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 19th!