This year 95 amazing applicants submitted application for the 2013 Utah Young Humanitarian Award. Four…
Need a place to volunteer? Check out our 2012 Local Service Directory!
Have you seen the 2012 Local Service Directory?
Youthlinc exists to create life-time humanitarians and what better way to do that than spread the word about amazing service opportunities!?! Each year Youthlinc partners with the Utah State Office of Education to create the Local Service Directory. We are also very grateful to the George & Dolores Eccles Foundation for their financial sponsorship of the magazine. The Local Service Directory is a listing of many service organizations in the state of Utah where Youthlinc participants have personally served and had such a great experience that they wanted to share it with other young humanitarians around the state.
You will find a lot in the 2012 Local Service Directory:
- Service sites where Youthlinc participants have had great experiences with hands-on service and mentoring in a positive, encouraging atmosphere.
- Quotes from our student participants reflecting on their service experience at each site.
- Easily accessible information about what the service site does and what a new volunteer can do at that site, as well as current contact information.
- Advise for teachers & club advisers on how to instill a lasting service ethic in young people.
- Information on last years winners of the Young Humanitarian Award – a $5,000.00 scholarship awarded to Utah’s Young Humanitarian. (If you think this year it could be you, check out the Young Humanitarian Award page of our website.)
This year there are more than 120 service sites including many more opportunities for students in the Wasatch Front, Park City and Tooele areas. We are always looking for new opportunities to add to this listing each year and build a larger service base for all of our young humanitarians in Utah.If you would like copies of the Local Service Directory or have any questions please contact our office at 801-467-4417 or email@example.com.
This Post Has 0 Comments