2019 Youthlinc Real Life Refugee Scholarship Winners Youthlinc is pleased to announce a new…
Youthlinc is hiring an International Service & Development Director. Position should be filled by mid to late May.
Youthlinc is a great place to work. If you like working with youth, like international travel, have great people skills (and social media skills :-), management & public relations skills, event & project planning experience, understand our mission of creating lifetime humanitarians, & our culture of service. Apply now. Check it out!
Organization Overview: Youthlinc is a Utah based youth service non-profit Organization whose mission is to create lifetime humanitarians through the local and international service activities we organize for our participants. For more information about Youthlinc, visit our web site www.youthlinc.org
The International Service & Development Director administers, develops, supports, and strengthens all international aspects of our Service Year.
At the beginning of each school year, Youthlinc accepts mentors (professionals from all fields) and secondary, college, and graduate students from all over Utah into our Service Year. Approximately 225 people participate annually. These individuals form teams, attending monthly meetings where they work in committees to plan education, community health, vocational training, microenterprise, cultural exchange, and construction service activities. These activities are implemented when the teams travel to Kenya, Peru, Thailand, Cambodia, and Guatemala each summer at the end of the Service Year.
International service duties:
1. Work with our in-country coordinators and local travel agents to make all travel arrangements (airfare, accommodation, transport, etc.) for our teams internationally, establish and monitor program costs and payment schedules for each Service Year team.
2. Work with in-country coordinators, international community leaders, and Service Year team leaders to develop sustainable projects where we partner to increase quality of life for those we serve.
3. Provide team oversight, especially working with team leaders and mentors, to ensure quality planning and international service experiences for our students, where they take ownership and leadership.
4. Provide oversight for team fundraisers for international projects, ensuring organization and financial accountability.
5. Maintain, update, and improve all documents associated with our Service Year, including Applications, Team Leader and Participant Binders, Team Leadership Reports, International Community Partnership Agreements, Microenterprise Manual, etc.
1. Represent Youthlinc, our mission of and strategies for creating lifetime humanitarians through our Service Year, at presentations throughout the state, to new audiences, our Board, donors, and to program participants.
2. Write grant proposals for funding of international projects, and actively seek new funding.
3. Work with our webmaster to update our website whenever needed, work with our team leaders and participants to keep our blog current and interesting, take primary responsibility for daily posts and activity on our Facebook Page, and develop other social media for the Organization that will maintain and improve our communication with supporters and alumni.
4. Work with Executive Director to update all informational and promotional materials.
5. Assist with Annual Benefit and any other Benefit event.
• Experience working with secondary and college students.
• Experience with international service activities.
• Management skill and project oversight experience.
• Excellent social skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Good public speaking skills.
• Competence in all common computer software.
• Demonstrated ability to self-start, learn new skills, work independently.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related area
2. Fundraising and grant writing experience
3. Familiarity with social media
4. Work experience with non-profits or related field
Salary: $33,000 is negotiable depending on experience, includes a stipend which may be used to cover health insurance premiums. A SIMPLE IRA with matching contributions is available.
To apply: Email cover letter stating your qualifications, resume, two letters of recommendation which reflect your competence to fulfill the job responsibilities to Youthlinc Executive Director Judy Zone firstname.lastname@example.org