Development Director Position Description
Youthlinc is a Utah based youth service non-profit organization with a mission of creating lifetime humanitarians through local and international service activities we organize for our participants. For more information about Youthlinc, visit our web site www.youthlinc.org
Currently, Youthlinc is conducting a capital campaign. Duties over the next 18 months will focus on fundraising for our new building, under the guidance of the Board’s Capital Campaign Chair (an experienced fundraising professional) with input from the organization’s Executive Director. Some of the duties of this position will change over time as the capital campaign and needs of the organization evolve.
The Development Director is a new position for Youthlinc, the organization is 21 years old. Our donors are our friends. The individual hired for this position will be following up with long-standing donors who have been approached for support for the capital campaign and/or for the organization in many ways.
Other duties will include:
- Learning as much as possible about the organization, its structure, programs, donors.
- Seeking and following up with grant funding from long-standing corporate and foundation donors, as well as seeking new potential grants through Board and donor connections.
- Working with the Board Capital Campaign Chair to conceptualize and implement phases of the capital campaign fundraising, extending over the next 18 months. This work includes campaign phase theme and strategy development, donor and supporter database management to maximize online fundraising, volunteer management to orchestrate events designed to raise funds, working with a graphic designer to develop promotional and informational materials, and other related tasks including developing recognition strategies and exhibits within our new building, slated to open Spring 2022.
Over time, duties of this position will include:
- Working with the Executive Director and Program Directors to develop and implement fundraising strategies, promotional and informational materials, and events associated with fundraising.
- Alumni relations to re-engage, keep engaged and leverage our network of 4000+ alumni to promote our mission, programs, and fundraising at all levels of giving.
- Other tasks related to development and marketing for the organization as appropriate.
- Demonstrated successful experience with fundraising, marketing, promotion.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, confident personal presence.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Creativity and resourcefulness.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Experience managing others, inspiring hard work, holding others accountable, and getting results.
- Fundraising, event management, and grant reporting experience
- Familiarity with social media
- Work experience with nonprofits or related field
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience $45,000 -$65,000. Health insurance benefits and IRA available.
Deadline to Apply: October 18, 2020