Hey Peru Logan team members! We are excited to start the 2016-2017 Service Year with…
What a great meeting! Saturday night marked the first team meeting for the 2012 Friends & Family trip to Peak Sneng, Cambodia. We had a grand ole time getting up to speed about the projects we’ll be working on in Cambodia, the fun we’ll be having visiting Angkor Wat and Siem Reap, and signing up for committees.
|The F&F team texting their committee choice to Justin|
We have a strong group so far, but due to the scope of the work we’ll be doing in Cambodia, we are opening up the team to continued enrollment! Here’s a list of our projects:
- Installing water filter systems at people’s homes
- Repairing the floor, roof, windows, doors, and windows at the Primary School
- Repairing desks, tables, and chairs at the school
- Building a garbage burning pit and a compost pit
- Liming and painting the Primary School
- Providing livestock to a group of women interested in personal enterprise
- Doing oral histories on the local people
- Working at the local medical clinic, teaching health lessons, and providing desperately needed medical supplies
- Working in the school garden and implementing new and improved techniques for more successful and sustainable gardening efforts
- Teaching English lessons at the local schools
- Doing cultural exchange activities at the high school
We’ll be working hard for the next several months to prepare for our trip– putting supplies drives, fundraisers, and learning about Cambodia and how to be successful there.
This trip is shaping up to be amazing and we invite anyone else that is interested to get their application in to Miriam as soon as possible! Read more about the trip in our blog and apply now! And of course, as the Team Leader, let me know if you have questions.
Check out an “Airport to Airport” presentation about our upcoming trip.
Plus, here is a video of last summer’s team in the exact village we will be going to. Enjoy!