While overseas, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our teams. We do a lot to ensure the safety of you or your loved one (click here for details). But the most important key to your safety is YOU. Here is what you are responsible for:
Attend the Medical Clinic. In February, teams meet at their regularly scheduled monthly meeting at UofU’s International Health Clinic (click here for dates & times). The clinic gives an info session about staying healthy in your specific site, as well as offering prescriptions, immunizations or vaccinations. The info session is paid for through participant fees, but participants pay for any additional services needed. Click here to review what is recommended for your site, and the associated costs.
- If you want services from the U, fill out the Insurance & Medical Record Form, and e-mail or fax the completed form to the University. (Jenny.Tateoka@hsc.utah.edu; Fax 801-585-7315).
- Parents of minors, accompany your c
hild to allow him or her to receive services. If you cannot attend, contact Jenny at the clinic (801-585-7315).
- For a map and parking instructions for the hospital, click here. Sign in at the International Health Clinic in Clinic 1, on the first floor.
- Print out, complete and turn in your Medical Information Form at the Feb. clinic, and no later than the March 8th team-wide meeting. Medical Mentors on each of our teams will carefully read these forms so they are aware of medical issues. Fill out this form honestly, or you may put yourself and your teammates at risk.
- For anyone who will be under 18 while traveling, turn in your Medical Release Form, signed by a physician.
- Familiarize yourself with our Traveling Healthy and Code of Conduct.
- Although each team has a Medical Mentor with a bag of emergency medical supplies, while traveling, prepare to bring your own supply of medications, prescription drugs, EpiPens, feminine hygiene products, bug spray, anti-itch cream, sunscreen, Tylenol, etc. Specific items are listed on your team’s packing list in your country manual.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact our International Service Director, Miriam Barth at email@example.com.