In response to the ongoing uncertainty of international travel, Youthlinc has amended its regular policies for donation/payment deadlines for international trips scheduled to take place in summer 2021.
Please note that last year (2019-2020) when international travel shut down, Youthlinc was able to work with our vendors, including airlines, to salvage ALL donations for participants who postponed with Youthlinc to carryover over to 2021 without penalty. Participants who chose to withdraw from the program lost some fees to airlines, international vendors, and their initial deposit to Youthlinc.
In the 2020-2021 Service Year, Youthlinc participants will opt for one of two Tracks, outlined below, and will be responsible to adhere to the rules governing the track they choose.
- Deposit is due December 1st
- Ideal if able to travel in Summer 2022 (in case of 2021 postponement)
- Smaller, more attainable monthly goals
- Use Youthlinc's fundraisin software to keep track of donations and goals
- Stay on track for flight to be booked as soon as possible
- Late fees waived until April 1
- Once any money is received, the first $500 goes toward the non-refundable deposit
- In the event of 2021 postponement, all donations (including deposit) will move towards a 2022 trip.
- Donation goals begin in Spring 2021
- Ideal if unable to travel in Summer 2022 (in case of 2021 postponement)
- Balloon donation due with 14 days notice
- Unable to use Youthlinc's fundraising software
- Flights will not be booked until you are current on your account.
TRADITIONAL TRACK DONATION SCHEDULE EXAMPLE
Dec 1: $500
Jan 1: $725
Feb 1: $725
Mar 1: $725
Apr 1: $725
DEFERRED TRACK DONATION SCHEDULE EXAMPLE
Dec 1: $0
Jan 1: $0
Feb 1: $0
Mar 1: $2675
Apr 1: $725